Follow your dreams!

Hi! I am just going to dive right into this!

From a young age some of us have always known what we wanted to do in life, some of us didn't though and that is okay too! Me, I was one of those people who always knew what I wanted to do! Whenever I was asked as a child, "Amanda, what do you want to be when you grow up?" My answer was always the same, "I want to act and model." Of course I was just a child and people thought I would get over it, but years later my answer is still the same because that IS what I want to do. It's what I am GOING to do.

 If you have a dream follow it, no matter what people say. I lied in the paragraph above, yes I always knew what I wanted to do in life, but sometimes when I was asked what I wanted to do I would say, "I don't know." Why? Because sometimes when I told people what I wanted to do, they would laugh and say, "that's stupid. Why would you want to do that?" Here's the sad part, the people who said this were my "best friends", and close family friends. And that cut deep, people who are supposed to be there for me, and support me weren't. If they were to say, "I don't think that is a good idea, but if that's what you want, go for it," I wouldn't have been so crushed. But they didn't, they didn't think about how I would feel at all, after this I would say "I don't know," almost every time I was asked what I wanted to do when I was older. If someone tells you their dream, think about what you are going to say, don't take what they have told you and step on it, mostly if you are supposed to be best friends with this person, because that is one of the worst feelings ever. Wanna know something funny I wasn't going to start this blog at all, because of those incidents, but I love writing, and this blog makes me really happy! Thankfully I have learned not to care what people say about my dreams, cause at the end of the day as long as it's what I want, and I am happy with it, then that is all that matters.

We all have that dream that we are trying to get to, whether it's like mine to be an actress and model, or if it's to be doctor, or teacher, or lawyer! Hey, it might not even be a dream job, it might be something like speaking at your graduation! There is always that one goal we want! Go for it! Don't give up, till you get there! Strive and fight for your dreams, even when it seems like the world is telling you, "Give up, it's not going to happen! You are a loser for trying!" Keep fighting for that dream and NEVER EVER give up.

I know I am saying fight for your dream, but if someone offers you that dream and you know the offer isn't right, it's just wrong, don't take it. Because personally I would rather have my dream not come true, and know I did everything right, to try to make it come true, and be happy with the choices I made, than have my dream come true and be like "Shoot, why did I do that? Why did I take that offer?" It might have seemed like a good offer at the time but in the end it's almost guaranteed that you will regret it! Make the right choice!

In Summary
1. Don't crush people's dreams once they've told you them, put yourself in their shoes. It wouldn't kill you to say something nice, and supportive! 
2. Keep fighting for your dreams when the world is telling you "NO! You can't do it!" That's why we have headphones!
3. DON'T take short cuts because at the end of the day you won't be happy with the choices you made! If you are ashamed of telling people how you got to where you are in life, you probably made the wrong choice! So when you get an offer ask yourself, "Is this something I would like to tell people", if the answer is "no", well then don't take it!

I hope this has connected with someone and made them smile, or agree, or made them feel better!

Thanks for reading, and helping this dream come true! I appreciate you very much!






Comments

  1. REALLY ENCOURAGING! my dream is to become a professional soccer player and this was the best thing to read before my game! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts